Sushant Singh Rajput’s Instagram account memorialised

The Mumbai police have also sent a letter to Yash Raj Films seeking details of the contracts it had signed with him

According to the website, no one can log into a memorialised account.

Actor Sushant Singh Rajput’s memories will continue to be celebrated as Instagram has memorialised his account, adding remembering to his bio.

Rajput, 34, known for films like “Kai Po Che!”, “MS Dhoni: The Untold Story”, “Chhichhore”, was found dead in his Bandra apartment on Sunday, sending shockwaves in the film industry and elsewhere.

Days after his untimely demise, Instagram added remembering to his account bio and memorialised it as a place to remember the actors life.

Advertisement

According to the photo-video sharing website, no one can log into a memorialised account. The posts the deceased person shared, including photos and videos, stay on their page and are visible to the users they were shared with.

Related news: Space varsity mourns astronomy enthusiast Sushant

Also, once the account is memorialised, no one will be able to make changes to any of the existing posts or information. The actors last post on the social media platform was a tribute to his late mother on June 3.

Rajput’s death is being investigated by the Mumbai Police and so far statements of over 13 people, including actors family members and close friends, including actor Rhea Chakraborty and casting director Mukesh Chhabra, have been recorded.

Cops seek details of contracts with YR Films

The Mumbai police have also sent a letter to Yash Raj Films seeking details of the contracts it had signed with him, an official said on Friday.

Another official, however, said that actor Rhea Chakraborty, a close friend of Rajput, who recorded her statement with the police on Thursday, told the investigators that he had ended his contract with Yash Raj Films and also asked her to stop working with the banner.

“Police are investigating various angles, including that of professional rivalry, in the case,” the official said. So far, Bandra police have recorded the statements of over 13 people, including Rajputs family members and close friends like actor Rhea Chakraborty and casting director Mukesh Chhabra, he said.

Related news: Sushant death: Abetment case on Ekta Kapoor, Karan Johar and 6 others

“Keeping in view the professional angle, police have started calling some prominent production houses for inquiry. As part of that, police on Thursday sent a letter to Yash Raj Films, seeking details of all the contracts it had signed with the deceased actor,” a senior police officer said. “We have also asked for the copies of the contracts that Yash Raj Films had signed with the actor,” he added.

In the next few days, police may also call those people, who had played a role in signing of contracts between the actor and the production houses for their projects, the officer said. Rajput had worked in two Yash Raj Films movies – “Shuddh Desi Romance” (2013) directed by Maneesh Sharma and in director Dibakar Banerjee directed “Detective Byomkesh Bakshy!” (2015). His third film with the banner was supposed to be “Paani”, directed by Shekhar Kapur.

However, YRF had reportedly backed out of the project.

Get breaking news and latest updates from India
and around the world on thefederal.com
FOLLOW US: