PUBG Mobile and PUBG Mobile Lite will no longer work from Friday (October 30) to Indian users who had downloaded them before the government banned PUBG last month.
In a statement on Facebook, PUBG Mobile said it will “terminate all service and access” for users in India on October 30.
“Dear Fans, To comply with the interim order of the ministry of electronics and information technology dated 2 September 2020, Tencent Games will terminate all service and access for users in India to PUBG Mobile Nordic Map: Livik and PUBG Mobile Lite on 30 October 2020. The rights to publish PUBG Mobile in India will be returned to the owner of the PUBG intellectual property,” the Facebook post said.
Related News: PUBG ban triggers spate of suicides
This announcement left many fans disappointed and they took to social media to express the same.
On September 2, the Centre banned 118 Chinese apps including PUBG which are “prejudicial to sovereignty and integrity of India, Defence of India, Security of State and Public Order”.