After the Centre banned PUBG and 117 more Chinese apps, actor Akshay Kumar announced the launch of his first gaming venture — FAU-G — to support Prime Minister’s Atmanirbhar Bharat campaign.
Announcing the news on Instagram on Friday (September 4), the Bollywood actor said he will present the multiplayer action game, Fearless And United – Guards (FAU-G) very soon.
“Supporting PM @narendramodi’s Atma Nirbhar movement, proud to present a multiplayer action game, Fearless And United – Guards FAU-G. Besides entertainment, players will also learn about the sacrifices of our soldiers. 20% of the net revenue generated will be donated to #BharatKeVeer Trust,” he said on Twitter.
Supporting PM @narendramodi’s AtmaNirbhar movement, proud to present an action game,Fearless And United-Guards FAU-G. Besides entertainment, players will also learn about the sacrifices of our soldiers. 20% of the net revenue generated will be donated to @BharatKeVeer Trust #FAUG pic.twitter.com/Q1HLFB5hPt
— Akshay Kumar (@akshaykumar) September 4, 2020
This is Akshay Kumar’s first gaming venture and it is being developed by Ncore games. The news has created quite a buzz among netizens who are curious to know more about the new game.
Some of the 118 apps banned on Wednesday by the Centre include Baidu, Baidu Express Edition, Alipay, Tencent Watchlist, FaceU, WeChat reading, WeChat, Tencent Weiyun, APUS Launcher Pro, APUS Security, Cut Cut, ShareSave by Xiaomi, CamCard, besides PUBG.
The Centre defended its action amid protest from China saying these apps are prejudicial to the sovereignty and integrity of India. The border tension also played a part in the government taking such a strong measure.
Earlier on June 29, the government had banned 59 Chinese apps, including hugely popular TikTok and UC Browser, citing the same concerns.