A 70-year-old woman who had tested positive for COVID-19 after coming from Saudi Arabia died in Bengaluru on March 25. This is the second coronavirus-related death in Karnataka, the government confirmed on Thursday (March 26).
The woman hailed from Hindupur in Andhra Pradesh and had come to Gauribidanur in Chikkaballapur district of Karnataka to meet her relatives.
She was first admitted to Chikkaballapur district hospital and then was shifted to the Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Chest Diseases, Bengaluru, on March 24. Later, she was admitted to Bowring and Lady Curzon Hospital.
Meanwhile, the state reported four new cases on March 26, taking the total number of positive cases to 55, of which three have recovered.
Among the four cases reported on Thursday, a 35-year-old man from Mysuru, who had no travel or contact history, tested positive for the novel coronavirus. The man had been working in the quality assurance section of a pharmaceutical company in Nanjangudu town.
Health department officials said they were investigating the source of his infection.
However, the government bulletin said he could have come in contact with healthcare professionals. The person is isolated and seven of his primary contacts are placed under home quarantine.