An official died due to ammonia gas leak detected from an industrial plant in Andhra Pradesh’s Kurnool district on Saturday (June 27). The incident occurred at the SPY Agro Industries Limited in the district’s Nandyal town.
Reports suggest that the company’s General Manager Srinivas Rao was killed in the mishap. Four others who were also present with him rushed out. All of them were reported safe.
Andhra Pradesh: Ammonia gas leak detected at factory in the outskirts of Kurnool district’s Nandyal town; one dead, says District Collector. Concerned officials and fire tenders deployed at the spot. pic.twitter.com/aqbxpM3CLq
— ANI (@ANI) June 27, 2020
Kurnool District Collector G. Veerapandian said that the fire services personnel were trying to plug the gas leak. He added that there was no danger to people living in areas around the plant. He appealed to people not to panic and remain indoors.
The incident in the industrial plant owned by the family of former MP S.P.Y. Reddy, occurred when the gas leaked from a pipeline, which was reportedly repaired on Friday (June 26).