A month after the Centre issued an order, asking Congress general secretary Priyanka Gandhi Vadra to vacate the Lodhi Estate bungalow, she moved out of the government-allotted bungalow in New Delhi’s Lutyens’ zone on Thursday (July 30), Hindustan Times reported.
Sources close to Priyanka said she would be staying for a few days in her Gurugram penthouse before shifting to central Delhi, where she has finalised a house. Renovations are currently going on in her new house in Delhi, they said.
The Ministry of Urban Development issued a notice to Priyanka Gandhi on July 1, asking her to vacate the Lodhi Estate bungalow before August 1, as she was no longer eligible for it after her security cover was downgraded last year.
According to an order issued by the Union Housing and Urban Affairs Ministry, Gandhi was asked to vacate her bungalow on or before August 1 failing which “it will attract damage charges/penal rent as per rules”.
In November last year, the government had replaced the Special Protection Group (SPG) cover of Congress president Sonia Gandhi and her children Rahul and Priyanka, with Z-plus security by the CRPF.
(With inputs from agencies)