Nitish Kumar recommends CBI probe into death of Sushant Singh Rajput
Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Tuesday (August 4) recommended a CBI probe into the death of Sushant Singh Rajput, reportedly after getting a phone call from the actor’s father.
“Since the family has given its consent, we are recommending a CBI probe on the FIR which was lodged in Bihar,” Kumar told NDTV.
Incidentally, Maharashtra Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray had earlier ruled out a CBI investigation into the case.
The development comes a day after Sushant’s father KK Singh accused Mumbai Police of ignoring his statement about danger to his son’s life, on February 25. Sushant was found hanging in his Bandra residence on June 14.
Personnel of Bihar police who are in Mumbai to probe the case, acting upon an FIR filed by Singh, have accused Mumbai police of not sharing information related to the case with them. Bihar Police alleged that IPS officer Vinay Tiwari, a part of the investigating team, was forcibly quarantined on reaching Maharashtra.
Mumbai police, which are probing the case, however, said Bihar Police have no jurisdiction in the case
The Bihar chief minister’s recommendation for a CBI probe comes a day before the Supreme Court is slated to hear the petition of Sushant’s alleged girlfriend Rhea who has pleaded the case filed by the actor’s father to be transferred to Mumbai.
Sushant’s father in his complaint has accused Rhea of transferring money from his account and mentally harassing him.
In the midst of allegations of murder, Mumbai police on Monday had said that Sushant was being treated for bipolar disorder and had googled “painless death” and the name of his former manager Disha Salian before dying.