After Chinese food and products, Athawale urges for ban on TikTok app

In a tweet, Union Minister Ramdas Athawale said 15 crore people of India use TikTok due to which China makes profit of crores

Ban Chinese app, Ban Chinese Food, China, India, Galwan Valley, Ramdas Athawale
Earlier in March, Athawale was in the news when his video along with Chinese Consul General in Mumbai Tang Guocai and Buddhist monks chanting Go corona, go corona at a prayer meet had gone viral on social media. File Photo: PTI

Union minister Ramdas Athawale on Friday (June 19) called for a ban on TikTok to impact China economically, saying 15 crore Indians use the Chinese app due to which the neighbouring country makes crores in profit.

His comments come after 20 Indian Army personnel lost their lives in a violent clash with the Chinese Army in Ladakh’s Galwan Valley.

In a tweet, Athawale said 15 crore people of India use TikTok due to which China makes profit of crores.

Advertisement

“Ban Chinese video app TikTok in India. 15 crore people of India use TikTok due to which China gets profit of crores. Stop TikTok to impact China economically! I humbly request all Indians to boycott TikTok,” Athawale tweeted in Hindi.

The comments come a day after he said all restaurants and hotels that sell Chinese food in India should be closed down and products made in China should be boycotted.

Related news: ‘Go chowmein, go’: Netizens react to Athawale’s call to ban Chinese food

“China is a country that betrays. India should boycott all products that are made in China. Chinese food and all restaurants and hotels that sell Chinese food in India should be closed down,” Athawale, Minister of State for Social Justice and Empowerment, said in a tweet.

Twenty Indian Army personnel including a colonel were killed in a fierce clash with Chinese troops in the Galwan Valley in eastern Ladakh on Monday night, the biggest military confrontation in over five decades that has significantly escalated the already volatile border standoff in the region. He also paid tribute to the martyred soldiers.

“20 soldiers of India have been killed in violent clashes in Galwan of Ladakh. Humble tribute to the soldiers! The martyrdom of the soldiers will not go in vain. The government of India and all Indians stand with the families of the martyred soldiers!,” Athawale tweeted in Hindi.

Earlier in March, Athawale was in the news when his video along with Chinese Consul General in Mumbai Tang Guocai and Buddhist monks chanting Go corona, go corona at a prayer meet had gone viral on social media.

The video was reportedly shot at Gateway of India on February 20 during a prayer session to stop the spread of the coronavirus.

Related news: After ‘Go corona’, Union Minister Athawale says boycott Chinese food

(With inputs from agencies)

Get breaking news and latest updates from India
and around the world on thefederal.com
FOLLOW US: