Since the government announced the lockdown of 21-days to contain the spread of coronavirus, a lot of people have started spending time on over-the-top (OTT) platforms to catch up on the new movies, series and anything that they might have missed due to busy schedule.
The platforms too, in return, are releasing new web series and movies to keep the audience engaged and occupied.
Platforms like Amazon Prime, Netflix and Hotstar are gearing up to provide some through and through entertainment by releasing the latest flicks and series.
Widely talked about Malayalam movie, Trance starring Fahadh Faasil in the lead that hit the screens on February 20 was released on Amazon Prime today (April 1). The movie, a comeback for Nazriya Nazim, also features Soubin Shahir, Vinayakan, Chemban Vinod Jose, Dileesh Pothan and Gautham Menon in supporting roles.
The film, directed by Anwar Rasheed, is about a motivational speaker who becomes a conman pastor in an organisation to fool the people by using religion as an influence.
The much-anticipated movie got mixed reviews for the story as well as the pairing of Fahadh and Nazriya. The duo is starring in a movie for the first time after their marriage in 2014.
Earlier, they appeared in Banglore Days, another Anwar Rasheed directorial.
Telugu film Hit will also be streaming from April 1 on Prime. A thriller directed by Sailesh Kolanu, the film features Vishwak Sen, Ruhani Sharma and Murali Sharma and was released on February 28.
Related news: Disney+ Hotstar combo to be launched in India on April 3
Bollywood movie Shikara, a romantic drama produced and directed by Vidhu Vinod Chopra will also be available on the OTT from April 4. The film is based on the love story of a Kashmiri Hindu couple who have become refugees in their own country after an exodus of Kashmiri Hindus from the valley.
Similarly, here’s a list of all that’s new on these platforms:
- The second season of Amazon Prime India Original’s Four More Shots Please will be releasing on April 17.
- Spanish heist crime drama Money Heist will release its Part 4 on April 3 on Netflix.
- Tales from the Loop, the science fiction anthology based on the eponymous art book by Simon Stalenhag will also be aired from April 3.
- Rocketman, this Golden Globe-winning movie is based on the life of English-superstar Elton John will be released on April 2.
- Comedy thriller film Ready or Not will keep you hooked throughout the series which will be released on April 5.
- For football fans, Sunderland: Till I Die will release its second season on Netflix on April 1.
Besides these, there are quite a few international series releasing this month on OTT platforms too.